Pretty long time since an update, perhaps I will strive for quarterly updates of this page. Not much going on for us to be honest, I’m slowly gaining more mobility and so far we are quite happy here, so much to do and believe it or not most of the people are friendly and are quick to say hello or share a laugh with you. I’m able to comfortably handle the camera now so I will be posting photos a lot more and have begun working on a few project ideas.
Been a very interesting two and a half month since I last updated…we moved from New Hampshire to the DC Metro Area (Northern Virginia for those interested) literally during a blizzard (Nemo), had to shovel the cars out from being completely encased in snow (if you’ve never done this and had to remove two+ feet of snow from the roof of a Kia Soul you must try it), on the day before the movers came I took a fall and broke my distal radius, had surgery and am currently trying to regain most of the mobility I had in it. The girls settled in with a little less flare, pretty sure I did enough for both of them. HC started her new job and has become a beltway insider, Abi has handled the move quite nicely, new school, new friends while keeping in touch with the old friends, a couple of museums, and became part of the spectacles wearing sect of society like her parents.
Ramping up for the big move, less than a month left here and less than 20 days before the movers show up and do their thing.
Been a long while, a long busy while. We’ve known we were moving for a few months now but what we didn’t know is when we were moving…we found out last week and it is considerably sooner than we thought it was going to be. It should be interesting moving in the winter.
Sometimes you do something to support the ones you love and sometimes you gain insight that you didn’t have before. Sunday was a dreary rainy day and on the drive to the Concord, NH Breast Cancer Walk there were a few other places that I would have rather been. But you know what, if I’d been someplace else I wouldn’t have seen over 6,000 women, friends and family join together and celebrate life…to look at the rain and say “after what I’ve been through a few sprinkles is nothing” or decide at the one mile turn-off that “I conquered cancer…four more miles is a cake walk”. I was truly humbled.
Not much going on this week, started weeding through things to slim down the house for the move…interestingly enough last year at this time we were unpacking boxes from our move to the condo – I will miss having the river right out our back door.
It seems as if I’ve just been running and super busy for the last month…like I haven’t just sat down in weeks. Last week was no exception and the lack of new photos on here is proof of that. Last week HC was on a trip so I was solo dad and even experienced my first ‘all alone’ time in a very long time, both girls were gone for a night…it was weird.
On a sad note Igor the wonder parakeet got out and well, flew away and that whole debacle lays firmly on the shoulder of this guy…yep 100% my fault. However we did upgrade to a cockatiel who is currently nameless…my name suggestions of Prince Featherstone II and Obi-Wan Birdnobi are meeting resistance.
Really digging the new Mumford & Sons album.
Twenty days since my last update…been kind of interesting.
- took some much needed time off to collect my thoughts and catch up on a few projects.
- the big news…hc found out that she is being transferred/promoted and it will include a move to Metro DC. Since 2005 we have called New Hampshire home and while we don’t have a confirmed move date yet we know that in the not too distant future that will change. We are all dealing with mixed emotions about the move, on one hand NH has been good to us and we’ve made great friends and truly enjoy living here…on the other hand…the DC area has so much to offer and provides opportunities that we just can’t get in NH. More to come but it looks like we will load up a truck here and make our way down to Virginia and live very close to George Washington’s old homestead…very excited! But now we wait.
What a busy 9 days since the last update:
- number one kid is now officially in sixth grade…not sure where all that time went and I find the summers are harder and harder to let go of…I wonder how much we’d get done if she was home schooled?
- update to the studio site if you click on the link you’ll notice it looks quite similar to this site…I am using each site as an extension of the other.
- still waiting for the official go-ahead to drop the big, very exciting, news…I can give a hint, my street photography is going to get a whole lot more interesting and it isn’t due to new equipment.
Still mulling a format change, maybe 2013 will be the year of the (mostly) B&W. Got big news this week…BIG NEWS! More on this to come in the following weeks.
Mulling a format change…going back to my roots? Thinking about going at least 75% black & white…hmm?!?
WOW…that’s a long time between updates. Implementing a new layout and slowly converting the almost 600 old post to the new format…very excited about this update and I really like how it turned out.
News…migrating the content from the sparsely populated project 42 to this site.
News…new layout. After almost 2 1/2 years using the same layout I decided to change it up a bit.